The Oheo Gulch is a fabulous work of nature. It is basically a series of waterfalls flowing into pools flowing into waterfalls flowing into pools...

This is the area I've been reading about. In the winter when it is rainiest the gulch is subject to flash flooding. There are also sharks in the waters below the gulch. A couple of years ago a family of four was visiting when two members were washed out to sea and never seen again. The signs were up, "No Swimming". You don't have to tell me twice!


We hiked uphill in the mud for about 1.5 miles to the bamboo forest before deciding to head back down. Of course, another .5 mile was the grand prize, a 400 ft. waterfall; but we wanted to save a little more daylight for the ride back to the hale.
3 comments:
Ok, so what size shoe are you? I'm going to have to start looking for some hiking boots on clearance for you!
Keep the reading material coming!
Ha! I'm a big size 11; but the hiking boots I bought for our trip to Glacier Park are still in pristine condition. I just didn't bring them. I was more in tropical beach mode instead of soggy hiking mode when I was packing for the trip.
ok, well you need to talk to emmy about shoes. i am ALWAYS looking for shoes for her because she swears size 11 doesn't exist and that's all she fits into...
Post a Comment