Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 6- The Garden of Eden

Early on the Hana Hwy we came across the Garden of Eden. There was a small admission fee to enter but it was worth every penny. There were bananas suspended at eye level next to the entry for travelers to buy.
We decided to take out our lunch and picnic here. This had to have been the best picnic view I've ever had.
There were plenty of trails throughout the property full of beautiful botanicals; but given the recent rain, it meant the beginning of the end for my tennis shoes.
"Traveler's Palm"



"Sexy Pink"



Kerry was happy to hear that there were no snakes in Hawaii; unfortunately his other nemesis, the spider, seemed to flourish here.
This is the strangest wood we had ever seen. It literally peels off of the tree and is very soft and supple.
Puohokamoa Falls & Pool
Keopuka Rock is located at the bottom of this valley by the shore. You can see it in the opening sequence of Jurassic Park.

"Royal Palm"
"Norfolk Pine"

1 comment:

Erin said...

I am going to see if I can get a "traveler's" palm locally....