Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 2- Leisure

After our bike ride Kerry took a nap while I walked to our beach and hung out in the sun. Although the customer service, among other things, left much to be desired; our hotel was on beautiful Ka'anapali Beach and had gorgeous gardens all around. This is the view of the garden from our balcony.

The rest of the day was very laid back. We followed the beach walk to the shopping village and restaurant next door, where we ate on the beach. Everyone was gathered in the bars watching their Hawaiian Rainbow Warriors play in the Sugar Bowl. I heard that Maui Gold shipped pineapples out to both teams. The key point here is that I bought 3 for $20 before we left. They are not cheap, as far as pineapples go.

We headed over to Lahaina, the first capital of Hawaii and home to Maui's highest chiefs. Today there is an obvious influence from the whaling industry, but we were there for some more good shopping.

Dinner in Lahaina was at Canoes with more Mahi Mahi. Yum!

No comments: