Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day 4- The Feast at LeLe

It's January 3, 2008- our 10 year anniversary! This is a quote that I heard the Friday we got back:
"Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years." -Simone Signoret

I thought this was so true. Every win, every loss, every hug, every "I love you" binds you closer to each other even in the tiniest of ways. But after being together for over 15 years, we've got ourselves a cozy blanket! I am so glad we were able to celebrate our marriage together in this paradise. So we chose the Feast at LeLe for our anniversary dinner.
The evening got off to a great start when we were greeted with beautiful fresh orchid leis and Mai Tais, then we were led to our table which happened to be a front and center view of the stage with the ocean and sunset behind the island of Lana'i as the backdrop.
The Feast at LeLe is not your traditional luau. They actually provide a five course meal with four courses made of traditional foods each from Hawaii, New Zealand, Tahiti, and Samoa. Each course is also accompanied by a performance with dance, music and costumes from that particular island of origin.

This is the poi.

Be careful before you press play. This chant will get stuck in your head.


I loved these skirts made out of real leaves. It's amazing to see the resourcefulness and talent of the Pacific Islanders.This was my favorite picture.
My Glamour Shots pose after two+ hours of drinking Mai Tais.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Happy anniversary! Maybe I need a Hawaiian themed Mardi Gras costume made from the banana trees in our yard! When are you bringing your boys to Carnival?