So, notable happenings since I've been gone:
Max had his first gymnastics meet with real scores. It was considered a mini meet and was held at his gym for Level 4 boys from several gyms in the area. The purpose of these meets is mainly to get the boys used to competition. Although he "hated" his uniform he did wear it and tugged at it only minimally. I told him that all the boys will have one on and that's how we know who the gymnasts are. Once he saw the others, he understood. The meet was longer than I realized it would be. I did not know they would be competing on all six apparatus. Overall, everything went very smoothly except for the rush at the end to finish before the girls meet started. Max walked away with 4 ribbons and it was a good experience. Now, if I can only get him to focus more and goof around less...
We held our breaths and Max did it. He passed his Reading TAKS test!!! For a child with dyslexia, that's huge. He needs to pass it in order to move on to 4th grade, which we all know he's capable of handling. But the reading is difficult, especially if he's doing it in between tics. Talk about disruptions!
The boys attended the annual Easter Egg Hunt at Milburn Park. It's amazing how fast everything gets picked up off the ground. I thought, "We need to use this method for litter control."
They got lots of candy and (my favorite) coupons for free stuff around town."
Bryce moved up a rank in boy scouts to "Tenderfoot" at his Court of Honor ceremony (but the pictures didn't come out). Great job anyway! After several nights of coughing and practically choking non-stop, Ian was diagnosed with "allergy induced asthma" and we went home with six prescriptions! We also did some cool things for the homeless, potty trained Ian, and had a great Easter, but those stories warrant their own posts.
No comments:
Post a Comment