Mardi Gras night I came down with the flu. You know, tight chest, coughing, throbbing head, body aches, cold sweats, chills? The whole kit and caboodle. I still have a lingering cough that shows up every so often. Then Ian got it, so I think. He ran fever for three days up to 103 degrees. Then I got a call from the school nurse...Max had it, too! I hate going to the doctor for a virus just for them to tell me "It's a virus. Let it run it's course." But, I decided to get Max in and they verified the flu with a nose swab test. So all the kids were promptly put on Tamaflu. Luckily, Bryce is always healthy as a horse and never got sick. So we've had almost two weeks now with everyone healthy, thank goodness.
Now my attention turns to some looming paperwork...TAXES! My mother had filed an extension for her 2006 return but was too sick to get it finished. Guess what I've been doing? Mostly it has been detective work. The funny thing is that she puts all of her important papers for the year, even credit card and utility statements, all in one paper bag labeled "2006". I assumed it was all in there, but apparantly selling stock that you've owned for years and years takes a lot more documentation than can be found on a yearly statement. Of course, next up is her 2007 return, the estate's 2007 return, our 2007 return, and then figuring estimated payments for 2008.
I am also still trying to make sense of medical bills from as far back as 2006! (I came across a 26 page Ochsner bill the other day...yikes!) But, I never assume that other people know what they are doing. It turns out that a $5,251 charge was from a claim processed incorrectly. The new balance...$0.00. So, in a way, I'm getting paid for my time at least.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment