Since Bryce was off on his campout, I put Kerry to work and had him help me in the yard. I love our landscaping, but it is a lot of work. Thankfully, I find gardening therapeutic!
Somewhere in our big oak tree is a songbird. I don't know what kind it is, but he's been serenading us for the past three days. Apparantly he doesn't need to eat... or sleep, as Kerry pointed out to me when he woke me up at 3:30 to tell me the bird was still singing! He's very good, though. His songs change up so constantly it's like listening to a hip-hop mix. I wonder if he'll ever get tired.

I finally chose Passion Flower vines to plant at each column and got them in this weekend. They do seem to grow pretty quickly. Hopefully we'll have a beautiful canopy soon that will give us some shade from the summer sun.

This flower was so anxious to bloom, it actually hyperextended its petals!

Kerry took out the sandbox frame that had begun to rot and fill with ants. I think we'll have to rebuild it considering Ian's affection for the sand; but, we'll have to get a cover this time to keep the neighborhood cats out!
1 comment:
Yeah! Gardening done. Let me know how the passion vine does making it's way up the poles. It's tendrils wrap around things so you may need to put something for it to hold onto until it gets closer to the top.
Post a Comment