Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Has Sprung!

With all the rain we had earlier in the year, we are having gorgeous blooms all over the city! First the redbuds, then the Bradford pears, then the mountain laurels, then the bluebonnets... And the wildflowers are everywhere! I was afraid that the nasty cold snap we had Easter weekend (in the 30's!) would kill all the new growth, but no. Now if I can only figure out how to keep the baby from jumping and/or throwing things into the pond, I might be able to get some gardening done!

The blooms on our purple plum tree.

Bluebonnets (and pink ones, too) fill the grounds of Faubion Elementary!

With my roses and lavendar in constant bloom, I have a neverending supply of fresh flowers in the house!


The three redbud trees in the back are always the first to bloom.


These flowers are from our Bradford pear, which is small compared to most. There are several tree-lined medians nearby that look like giant cotton balls on sticks when in bloom. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture in time before the leaves came in.

No comments: