The Maid of Orleans jasmine is blooming like crazy and every morning I hope to find new blossoms dropped in the garden overnight for me to bring inside. I've started putting them in a sake cup. The cup contains the wonderful scent and I can hold it to my nose and get a concentrated whiff. I wish I could bottle it!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Bringing the Garden In
I love bringing pieces of the garden inside to enjoy- for food, arrangements, or aromatics. The Cannas and umbrella palm made for a very tropical arrangement in the dining room; but didn't last for as long as I'd have liked.
The Maid of Orleans jasmine is blooming like crazy and every morning I hope to find new blossoms dropped in the garden overnight for me to bring inside. I've started putting them in a sake cup. The cup contains the wonderful scent and I can hold it to my nose and get a concentrated whiff. I wish I could bottle it!
I was pleasantly surprised to find my water lillies blooming again. This one may end up in a frame.
The insects, on the other hand, are best left outside. Ian loves to look at them and always comment, "Aaw, him cute. He's my friend."
Now we're still patiently waiting on the lemons.
The Maid of Orleans jasmine is blooming like crazy and every morning I hope to find new blossoms dropped in the garden overnight for me to bring inside. I've started putting them in a sake cup. The cup contains the wonderful scent and I can hold it to my nose and get a concentrated whiff. I wish I could bottle it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope we still have lemons when I get home. Mine are a bit bigger than that.
I planted some maid of orleans with the hope that it would climb a fence, but do you think it is more of a ground creeper?
I so want a water garden! You should upload that photo to shutterfly and make notecards to use or give away as gifts.
Post a Comment