Saturday, September 06, 2008

One Down, One To Go

It didn't take long for someone to realize that they could make/save alot of money by finishing the Metairie house and have a nice place in a great neighborhood. Less than two weeks after the FOR SALE sign was put in the yard, the future owner called to inquire about the house. I'm happy to say that we have a signed Purchase Agreement and should be closing on the house this month. I also really feel like the sale was meant to be. The newlyweds seem like the perfect people for the house.
The Destrehan house is still for sale. It's funny; but I think one thing that's hurting us is the large size. It always seems to be the biggest three bedroom on the market. And we're not going to price it the same as another house 1000 sq. ft. smaller. But the price is great for the size and quality of the home. It's a little further from the city, but no flooding issues. We finally got it listed on the MLS with a guaranteed commission for any buyer's agents. Of course, Gustav blew through and disrupted our "opening weekend".
Both houses made it through the storms fine; but I'm sure house shopping was not a high priority for the returning evacuees.

No comments: