I made it through the summer and all three boys are now in school. Hallelujiah!!! So it's strange that I'm busier than ever now. But along with school, all the other activities and groups have started up again, too. Ian is loving school and was so excited to see so many familiar faces. His friend Emily gave him a big hug and shouted, "Ian, you made it!" As if she were hosting preschool this year, too cute! He has quickly remembered how fun it is to run through the big meandering halls while mom tries to convince him otherwise before breaking into a sprint to catch up, all the while hoping some idiot parent doesn't hold the door (leading to the parking lot) open for him . (This is exactly why someone invented those aweful "toddler leashes"-because they work!) I am happy to say that Ian has remained dressed so far. I was dreading stories of him coming out of the restroom totally naked- like he's been doing all summer. I just can't keep clothes on him! Today he munched away on the Cheerio necklace he made in class. No biggie, he got the fine motor practice so why not be rewarded? I am also happy to see the return of those elusive naps. Although I wish they were earlier in the day, they do allow me some time to catch up on things (like blogging).
Tuba practice is back... bigger and badder! That's right. Bryce has a full sized tuba this year. It's ridiculously huge! And poor Ian keeps getting kicked out of his (shared) room so Bryce can practice. "It's my room, too!" And then he goes and slam dunks a lego into the top of the tuba! Great... Today Bryce made some modifications before practicing.
He napped right through practice inside the wall of foam!
Bryce has also made first chair, shaved 4 minutes off his mile from last year, and started off QUEST class with great enthusiasm. Max was able to get the teacher he wanted. She seems great and has been teaching for 30 years (not that experience and greatness always go hand-in-hand). She's big on positive reinforcement and so is Max! He's been pretty good for the most part; but school is always a struggle. His reading is noticably better if the tics hold off. And he's been surprisingly calm after school (knock on wood). Her teaching style is more hands on than paper-pushing, another plus for Max. I think our biggest hurdle was switching back to tennis shoes in lieu of Crocs. New shoes are enough to drive him crazy; but he did great:)
1 comment:
I no longer put dresses on Gabriella because she manages to get them off and runs around the house with just a diaper on. I aparaently dont entertain her enough so she's distracted and will leave the dress on. Whatever.
Yay for Bryce and Max!
Post a Comment