Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Love Kathy Griffin!

Last Friday we saw Kathy Griffin here in Austin. She was fabulous! Luckily I had gotten our tickets after seeing the ad in the Chronicle; but before the Austin date was posted on her website, so our seats were great. Us "heteros" were definitely the minority of her (I'd guess) 80% gay audience. After her audience poll, she warned the straight guys that she'd have nothing for them; and clapped a quick, "Straight guys, wake up!" later in her set. While mostly poking fun and gossiping about celebrities, she was still hysterical enough to leave us both with sore cheeks and fresh new crow's feet from laughing! It was so relaxing to just laugh for 90 minutes straight- what great therapy!
What I love about her is that she sees through the celebrity bull and calls people on it. She's definitely got some cojones! And smart to boot; I guess that's why she's dating Steve Wozniak. I hope she keeps delivering for a long time, she cracks me up!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Kathy too. I always watch her on tv when Isabella isnt around. Heh def not something for kids to see. Is she really dating him?!? I thought they were just friends.