Luckily, the virus was short-lived and we only missed one day. The boys made new friends and I found a new sitter, too. We'll be doing it again next year.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
A Busy Week
Well we made it through the busiest week we've had this summer. It was Vacation Bible School at our church and everyone participated (except Kerry, someone's gotta make money around here). The big boys were a little whiney about it when they first found out they were signed up; but after the first day, they were happy to be there. I, along with another mom and a teen helper, was working the Games Station. This meant we had 20 minutes to play 2 games with 50 kids and 15 adults, get them all water, and have discussion questions about how the games applied to the Bible Verse. We did this for 5 sessions every day! Needless to say, my head was spinning from the time we got there until the time we left. It did help the morning to fly by, though. 


Just for fun, we were thrown a curve ball on top of our already busy week and Max and I came down with viral tonsillitis- fever, yucky throat... I had two "attacks" the weekend before of what I was sure were gallstones- pain in the abdomen/side that radiated to the back and shoulder area. My doctor had no answers about that; but another VBS child had the same symptoms! Could this be some wierd virus that affects other organs, too? Kids were dropping like flies that week with fevers and tummy pain. Given the fact that we've been at the pool every week, I'm starting to doubt the new "saline" treatment as the most effective for killing "bugs".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment