Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Max!

When my mother passed away on Max's birthday last year, we decided that we'd celebrate her life along with Max's birthday every year. Since Gram loved to bowl, he decided to have a bowling party and use her bowling balls, too! Mimi and Papa El came up for the fun and we had a great time bowling and playing games with all of Max's friends. Max and I even had the two highest scores thanks to Gram's custom balls.



I think it was really good for Max to be surrounded by so many people there to celebrate with him. It definitely helped to keep the day cheery. But by the ride home, both Max and Ian were pooped out!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Max!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I love bowling too! Mom's on a a bowling team ;-) Gma Jo also loved bowling & would take me when I would go visit her during the summers.
Happy Bday to Max! Glad it was a success!